As he ends Wusum Stars unbeaten run, Bangura dedicates Goal to His Mum

By: Alusine Rehme Wilson
After six winless games in the 2023/24 Leone Rock Premier League, Wusum Stars football teenage forward Abdul Bangura,17 amazingly ensured the team’s return to winning after helping his club beat Lauwa Football Club 2-0 over the weekend. In front of their loved ones and relatives, Bangura wasted no time but to dribble past the defence of Lauwa FC and put forward a long range cross to his team mate Fleance Jumu “Balo” Kamara who slotted in the ball into the visitors net eight minutes on in the match. Bangura would go on to add his name to the score day’s score sheet 20 minutes on to game time when he comfortably dribbled past four Lauwa FC players to score the match winner for his side sparking wild celebrations as he show off his underwear with the sentence “I Love my mum” to celebrate his third goal premier league this season which he dedicated to him mother. Speaking to AWE-Media Sierra Leone in a post-match interview about his man of the match performance on the day and why if he had the conviction that he was going to score against Lauwa FC, the 17-year-old Wusum Stars forward said: “I give God the glory, my teammates and fans for it is for them that I was able to shine against Lauwa, a team which I was determined to score against and behold that dream came to pass. “I had always wanted to make my mother happy, for she means a lot to me and as a single parent she has invested much in me. Although she has watched me play only once, I dedicated my goal to her so she will feel more proud about me and I believe she will appreciate my celebration showing off to the fans and the world how much I love her,” Bangura explained, assuring of doing more for his team. The win over Lauwa takes them to eight place in the league log with 26 points after 20 league games 13 points behind holders and current league leaders Bo Rangers. However, Bangura who’ve not increased his goal tally to three in 20 appearances says he hopes to score more goals to help his club improve in the league and to keep his head coach's ambition to claim this season's league title a reality by the end of the season.

Comments