My Choice and My Values: Episode Two

By: Abu Bakarr Kamara (De Sierra Phoenix)

I returned home, lying down on my bed to take a nap. But my eyes were dried and my mind was awake like energized electrons. I was ruminating on Madam Tessy's actions. Not too long, she hemmed and hawed me with a call. "Do you know what you stand to loose or gain? I want to change your life and make you shine among colleagues of your age. You're such a handsome man. All I need is you. I want that manly hot blood in your veins to stabilize and melt my frozen-emotions. Are you bright upstairs? Do you want to live a piteous life? No! I guess you don't want to. Because you are a brilliant guy and you must be sharp up there. Think about it!" She said to me and cut the call.

Being at home, made my situation worse everyday. I evaluated the situation. Here's my family that had started appreciating me for the first time. I also had daily needs to do away with. For the four to five months, life was so good rendering service to Madam Tessy. Being ready to offer herself to me, I had more to gain than to loose. But I had it me that, I wouldn't fall for a married woman. God forbid! Madam Tessy was very much older than me. Every day that I go to teach, her husband could give me Le25,000 as taxi fare. In fact, he used to say, "Young man your wealth of knowledge in music is rich and worth emulating. If we have many of your type, as musicians, then our country would be celebrated."

I was mazed on what to do. On one hand was life to adorn with opportunities. On the other hand, was a closed door from opportunities. For just two weeks, I'd already started feeling the pinch of empty pockets. The other day, she called me and asked for my readiness to continue. "I'm looking forward to see you today, if you can't make it, then consider your contract over," She said to me authoritatively. I had no choice but to continue my job.

I reached the house at 10:00A.M. She opened the door and let me in. She took out her newly bought guitar and said, "Kiddy sing me a song." I started singing and she stood staring at me. She came closer and  whispered in my ears, "I want the best of you Kiddy." Before I could run for a second thought, I was already drunk over her exotic scent. It was like working in a Bollywood movie or living out in a good bad dream. She held my hands and place them on her shoulders. I cupped her face, finding her cheeks like silk on my palms. I felt her hands on my shoulders. Lightly, I travelled an exquisite path to her neck before my fingers tangled in her hair. I was already lost into her tricks.

Hard for me to break from her unsettling gaze, I felt something different.  Even the girls in the tinsel world, had never given me a touch as hers. Inside me was something hitting my conscience, taking another man's wife in the real world. My desires and my values were in conflict to making this boy a man.

She said again, "I want to learn a love song, Kiddy. Please sing me a song, as you roll over my body. I want to learn it all and feel it all, I wish you will stay much longer...."

Watch Out for Episode Three...

®Abu Bakarr Kamara (De Phoenix)
©Literary Aficionado's Hub
Contacts: 088608140/076616730

Comments