Mohamed Alieu Kamara wins Mind Sports Olympiad Scrabble

By: Martin Wusha Conteh
Sierra Leone foreign-based Scrabbler Mohamed Alieu Kamara has won the 27th MIND Mind Sports Olympiad Scrabble Tournament in England at the weekend. Rik Kennedy took the second position, while Elie Dangoor finished off the tournament. Kamara won 6 and lost 1 with a spread of (+ 1012), while his compatriot Kennedy won 6 and lost 1 with a total spread of (+508). Featuring top scrabble players from across the country with winners getting various prizes, the tournament is aimed at improving the standard of scrabble in the UK. Speaking to this press, Mohamed Alieu Kamara said he is delighted to be crowned as champion, adding that flying the green, white and blue "is an honor to have emerged as winner". "I am delighted to win the Mind Sports Olympiad Scrabble tournament, " he said. Coming tops among great scrabble players pushes me to always fight to be the best. “It is a victorious moment for me as my country, Sierra Leone, will be hosting the next African Scrabble Championship in Freetown and I am physically mentally ready to defend my mother land alongside top scrabble players from Sierra Leone. "Let me also use this opportunity to thank Rokel Commercial Bank for sponsoring the maiden edition of RCB tourney with the theme Bringing Scrabble to Sierra Leoneans". "So I want urge youths to put their interest in scrabble, as it would give them the platform to sharpen their intellectual horizon and grow more in the sport,” he said.

Comments