My Choice and My Values

Episode One:

By: Abu Bakarr Kamara (De Luminary Sierra Phoenix)

I had just completed my Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communication. Roaming around the street with no job to lean on for survival. As a young grad, from typical African home, the family now look forward to my support. This is without even considering the booby trap in society to gaining control of a lucrative job. I was pissed off.

The atmosphere in my house couldn't favor my stay even for an hour during daytime. Imagine father had to call me a lazy boy, with not much meat on my bones. Momma will shout at me with insults, saying I'm a disappointment to the family. So being a songwriter, a poet and a guitarist, I had to hit the studio everyday from 8am to 9pm. That's the only way I was earning pocket money to meet my immediate needs; until when the studio manager sent me to deliver a letter to a nearby bar and restaurant.

I took the letter along with my guitar. In my fresh looks and well curled dreadlocks, I stood in front of the counter issuing the letter to bar's owner. I opted to buy an energy drink,  when the bartender holla at me. She walked closer and whispered, "The woman in the red dress, she's Madam Tessy. She asked me to give you her complimentary card." I paused in thoughts with mild irresolutions. Though curious to know, I was a bit timid.

I called her in the evening. She said, "Your thought must have been glued to my name already. But again, let's say I'm Tessy a movie star. I want to learn to play a guitar, but I couldn't do it well, even after much of teachings." Then I replied, "Well, you have to know the basics and practice more on your own." She took it from there and said again; "Hey handsome young man! . Even if I'm to learn, if I don't have the best teacher, I'll still remain where I am." She posed a 2 million job offer to me, just to teach her to play the guitar and that I should start the next day. Stunned by surprise, I had no thought to reject. Early in the morning, I went to her house in my faded tight-legged jeans. Dressed in pyjamas, she's much more a pleasing evil fond to meet. Lovely and adorned with a youngness smile, possessing all for a man to fall. A 40years old lady, married for five years with two children. She lives in a castle of riches wanting to learn to play the guitar and sing in front of her man or children or even in her movies. I worked for four months. I'd showed up about twice or thrice a week. I got a crisp in every month, for the lessons I gave. I started going home with something. Mom and Dad started praising me in public and would check on me oftentimes.

Approaching the fifth month, things started changing. It seemed a timid grace and hesitating eyes, which my peering eyes and wrinkled front declared. The other morning, her husband and gone for work as usual. And the children had gone to school. I came in the house and felt a vain muse. Discreet in gestures, she frowns no goddess nor moves no queen, framed to captivate.

She said, "I want to learn a love song full of happy things, won't you teach me the basics? I want to learn a love song, won't you let me hear you sing? I want to learn a love song and want to hear you play. Won't you make me learn a love song before you go away?  I tried to teach her couple of chords and an easy melody. But this time she rather listens to my guitar and me. I sang softly in the living room. She moved in and out, before she finally sat on the couch and sang with me till we could not sing no more. The silence kept creating more attention. Her eyes grew much wider. I could hear both heartbeats but there was no place to hide.

She
My heart was throbbing as if shifting out of its case.

Her voice had already gone rough but emotional. Then she said, "Can I feel your youthful energy? It is not because you are close to me that I'm saying this. But since I saw you at the joint, I have been aching to touch you, kiss you and taste you."  No sooner I realized it, my pupils dilated as Madam Tessy leaned over and brushed her lips across mine. My mouth yielded opened to her, but before I could lift my hands to cup her face, I became thoughtful. I pushed her and ran out the house....
😷😷😷😷😷😷🙆🏾‍♂🙆🏾‍♂😂🤦🏾‍♂✍🏾

To be continued
(I KINDLY LOOK FORWARD TO SUGGESTIONS OF MORE APPROPRIATE TITLE. IF THIS IS OK THEN LET ME KNOW.)

®: Literary Aficionado's Hub

©: Baker-2019

Comments