Singer Anderson: “Say no to Tribalism song is a clarion reminder for peace as necessity to lasting development”

By: Alusine Rehme Wilson 


Following the release of his new single titled: “Say no to Tribalism,” Awoko Newspaper interviewed Abubakarr Kargbo alias “Anderson,” the Footballer turned Musician and Comedian, about what inspired his song’s title and more?

In his response, the former Katara football club midfielder who is now signed to growing musical brand Rokupr Borbor Entertainment says his new song’s title is inspired by the growing rate of hate speeches, nepotism, sectionalism, regionalism, as well as the wide spread of misinformation, misconception and mainly tribalism on party lines.

“As a musician, I’m equally concern like many other Sierra Leoneans over the alarming rate of tribalism which in some way is causing some amount of instability and to a large extent igniting hatred among countrymen which to me are all deterrents to national cohesion which will also prevent lasting development in the country.

“This is why I took my time to rhythmically sensitize countrymen in my two minutes and forty-seven (2:47) seconds long song which I’m happy about judging by how the public is appreciating it, since I officially premiered it a few weeks ago.”

The vocalist who’s also into comedy together with his companion Sam King have been making positive waves on the internet, specifically on Tik-Tok, Facebook and WhatApps where their skits remain trendy. 

Asked how he’s balancing his multiple crafts  respect respectively as a footballer, comedian, musician and  university student? 

Amd with a broad smile on his face Anderson replied saying: “very well sir, I’ve ensured to make time for each of my engagements and my plan has been going on well for me,” he said.

He acknowledged that he has more to offer but that some logistical challenges have been slowing his agenda. But I’m willing and ready to continue to strive assiduously in a bid to hit the global stage soon with either my comedy or musical crafts.

He also disclosed that “he is on the verge to unveil new projects as he continues to hunt for a life changing record deal or valuable partnership to come his way in the not too distant future.”

Comments