“My Election triumph is a win for SLAJ” – Alhaji Manika Kamara

By: alusinerehme.wilson@awokonewspaper.sl


On Saturday, June 18, 2022, Alhaji Manika Kamara, the newly elected Secretary General of the Sierra Leone Association of Journalists–(SLAJ) told pressmen during an interview in Makeni that his election triumph is “a win for SLAJ.”

“My election triumph is the making of God and the general membership of SLAJ, I mean all those who voted for me and my colleague aspirant, so it’s a win for SLAJ as a whole, '' he noted with excitement.

“I’m indeed happy that I emerged victorious over my senior colleague Mr. Asmiru Bah, who to me is not considered an opponent but a brother and I look forward to working with him hands in glove as and when necessary in the dispense of my duties while tapping on my two years and one year past experience respectively as Assistant and Acting Secretary General of SLAJ to position our secretariat the best way nationally and internationally.”

He went on to thank delegates for their unprecedented show of love and support showered on him on the voting day as well as in the whole electioneering  process, beseeched the general membership to put SLAJ first and conclusively assured to further make SLAJ Secretariat the envy of all during his tenure as the Association’s Secretary General.

However, the election results of Mr. Alhaji Manika Kamara  and Mr. Asmieru Bah who contested for the position of Secretary General as was announced by the Sierra Leone Association of Journalists Electoral Commission – (SLAJEC) Chief Electoral Commissioner Mrs. Zainab Iyamide Joaque remains the most talked about following Mr. Kamara’s landslide victory over Mr. Bah having respectively scored a record total of 237 and 81 votes to decisively bring to an end the exciting race between the former SLAJ Scribe and his Assistant.

Comments