​GS-United’s Forward Alhassan Baldeh wins NWRFA Maiden Goal-King Award

By: Alusine Rehme Wilson 

Forward Alhassan Baldeh who turns out for the reigning champions of the first-ever Northwest Region Football Association-(NWRFA) organized Men’s Super-10 Great Scarcies United Football Club impressively scooped the championship’s maiden golden boot Award.

The 19-year-old striker came from behind other strikers to impressively score 10 times for his club to finish top of the goal kings list as the tournament first ever Gold Boots Award winner.

Baldeh also made history as the only player to have fired home at least a goal against every opponent of the NWRFA Championship, helping his team to not only win the championship with a record 36 points to automatically qualify for the upcoming National Premier League Playoff next month, the promising forward was also involved in most goals scored in his side’s 11 winning recorded.

Speaking about what the Award means to him, Baldeh said: “This Golden Boot Award is a motivation to my career as a player wanting to continue to score more goals at every game I play.

“I promise to keep up my goal scoring prowess in the national premier league playoff to help my team to qualify for next season’s Sierra Leone Premier League where I’m also aiming to make history for Myself and my team,” the ambitious forward further said.



Comments