Muctarr Jalloh Says Sierra Leone Premier League Debut compliments his “Going Far Ambition”

By: Alusine Rehme Wilson 

After making his first-ever appearance for Wusum Stars  in the ongoing Sierra Leone Premier League-(SLPL), Youngster footballer Muctarr Jalloh has told AWE-Media that his debut in the nation’s men’s topflight, “excites his going far ambition”.

Jalloh joined Wusum Stars Football Club in 2017 on loan from Makeni Under-17 Football Club but was widely underrated initially, to make the cut into Head coach Abdulrahman Turay’s SLPL squad until he was given the nod for the first-time against Bai Bureh Warriors during a Northern region derby hosted at the Port Loko sports complex where Wusum Stars were beaten 3-1 by the host.

In that encounter, the 18-year-old left back who can also comfortably play the role of a right back was introduced in the 22 minute to replace injured regular Ishmaiel Dumbuya and was able to impress on his debut, although his side was surprisingly beaten.

“I’m excited to make my debut in the Sierra Leone Premier Leone. Debuting into the championship I know for sure is a very big opportunity being given to me to prove myself. 

“Personally, this is a worthy step towards achieving my going far ambition as a footballer wanting to become greater, attract bigger clubs contracts in-order to be able to ply my trade in the years to come as a professional international footballer, he further disclosed in the interview with AWE-Media.SL.

Jalloh who was part of Sierra Leone’s U-17 squad that took part in the last WAFU-A tournament,  adds that: “it has really not been easy for me since I came to Wusum Stars Football Club six years on. I’ve been training regularly with the club but I’ve not been featured until recently. Honestly, it was something that saddens me, not being featured earlier was painful but thanks to the courage and mentoring I’ve been getting from Leone Stars and Bo Rangers Defender Saidu Mansaray, Ex-Wusum Stars Captain and my teammates especially Paul Kamara.”

At the moment, the youngest is gradually finding his way to becoming a Wusum Stars regular haven already been featured in the club’s last three SLPL matches including their latest home clash against Anti Drugs on Saturday, 7th May, which they won 2-0, thanks to Alimamy Buya Kamara’s brace on the day.

Comments