Koroma’s Autobiography

IBRAHIM KOROMA’s AUTOBIOGRAPHY

Edited by: Alusine Rehme Wilson(Researcher & Multimedia Journalist)✍🏾 

 

My name is Ibrahim Koroma from Sierra Leone, West Africa. I was born in Matotoka,  a town in the Northeastern district of Tonkolili, and I will be turning 30 on November 25 this year. 

 

I’m the 25th child and the second youngest son to my father who married seven wives including my mother (now late), to whom I am her child.

 

From a family of thirty-three(33) with twenty-five(25) step brothers and sisters, I was initially raised by my mother in Matotoka town where I started my primary school education and in 2005 until I was admitted at the Magburaka Primary School for Boys which is located in the heartbeat of the Tonkolili district headquarter town of Magburaka, where I attended until I sat to the National Primary School Examination-(NPSE) in 2008. 

 

Haven excelled from the NPSE, I furthered my education at the Magburaka Government Secondary School for Boys where I attended from 2008-2009 academic year to 2011/2012 school year when I eventually wrote the Basic Education Certificate Examination-(BECE) while I was still living with my eldest sister.

 

At the age of 13, I had already fell in love with football and stated playing the game on the streets with my peers and during the 2010-2011 academic year I represented my school’s JSS football team as a defender and skipper and won the school league competition that year after beating Pampana Secondary School 2-0 in the grand finals that was hosted at the Magburaka town filed.

 

At the end of that year, my other sister who was living in Makeni city in Bombali District requested that I join her in the northern regional headquarter town to further my secondary school education and I was gainfully admitted in the SSS-1 Commercial at the Benevolent Islamic Secondary School.

 

When I promoted to SSS-II Commercial in the 2013-2014 school year, I was asked to the school football team and that same year I represented the school in the Bombali District School League that was organized by the Ministry of Education and we were hot favorites in that competition which we won by defeating our opponents the Makeni Comprehensive Academy Secondary School by 1-0 at the Wusum Stadium, and I was already promoted as skipper of the team before the Ebola outbreak disrupted our school year.

 

When the Ebola pandemic situation became better in our country, schools reopened nationwide again and I sat to the West African Senior School Certificate Examination-(WASSCE) in 2016 and during the holiday I was scouted to join my childhood club Tom Football Club of Makama village, a suburb based second division side and a year later playing for the youthful team, we won the 2017 edition of the Bombali District Football Association-(BDFA) 2nd division league and automatically gained promotion to the 1st division.

 

After gaining promotion with Tom Football Club, I hung my boots for two years to pursue a Diploma program in Business Administration and upon the successful completion of my course  I was awarded a second call division Diploma in Business Administration and later that year I return to pitch  after I was scouted to join Bombali District based top-tier side Wusum Stars Football Club by the team’s Head coach Mr. Abdulrahman Turay, who is the current Assistant Coach-I of the Sierra Leone Senior Men’s Team-B.

 

It was at Wusum Stars Football Club where I signed my first professional contract in 2018 and I was offered a two-year contract then which elapsed in 2020. I earned nearly 50 caps as a central defender scoring 15 goals and won the EBK-Trophy back to back in 2018 and 2019.

 

But with low earnings while playing for the top-tier side which I helped to return to the Sierra Leone Premier League after relegation for nine years since 2012, I was featured in the squad for two of the team’s Premier League matches but I was an unused sub both against FC Johansen and East End Tigers in 2021.

 

Although I was offered another chance to continue playing for the club with a green light to seal a 12 extension, I refused to extend my contract with the team only to focus on a new career path as a soldier.

 

After undergoing a 12-Month training at the Benguma Military Barracks in Freetown, I was successfully recruited as an infantry soldier among the five hundred and sixty-four(564) other ranks that were admitted to the Republic of Sierra Leone Armed Forces-(RSLAF) and I was posted to the 5th Brigade Headquarter in Gondama in Bo District, in the Southern Province of Sierra Leone.

 

Five months as a military officer of the Republic of Sierra Leone Armed Forces-(RSLAF), I was selected as one of the three hundred and five-(305) Army men that benefited from a two-month long Physical Training Instructor Course where I emerged as the best trainee and I was selected to travel to England to purse the advance Physical Training Instructor Course at the Royal Army Physical Training Instructors School in Saint Omer Barracks in Aldershot, England where I’m currently undergoing another eight weeks professional course as a Physical Training Instructor being the only soldier from Africa currently in the midst of other soldier who’ve also  received similar scholarship.

 

 

PERSONAL CONTACTS AND LINKS TO SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:

 

Mobile: +23276966118

Email: ifadiga140@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ibrahimfadiga.koroma.1


REFEREES:

1.   Name: Aiah Bockarie 

Designation: Head Coach Born & Raised Academy, Former Head Coach Tom Football Club 

Contact: +23276963329

 

2.   Name: Alusine Rehme Wilson

Designation: Sports Commentator, Researcher and Multimedia Journalist  

Contacts: alsuinerehmew@gmail.com   / +23276593192

 

3.   Name: Mr. Abdul Turay

Designation: Assistant Coach Wusum Stars Football Club and Assistant Coach-I National U17 Male Team of Sierra Leone

Contact:  +23277648443 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments