Bench Warrant of Arrest for Bamoi Luma’s Local Court No.3 Chairman

By: Alusine Rehme Wilson 


On Monday, 5th July, 2022 Magistrate George Borbor Samai of the Magistrate Court in Kambia District in the Northwestern District of Sierra Leone issued a bench warrant of arrest for Mr. Abdul I. Bangura, the Local Court No. 3 Chairman in Bamoi Luma, Lower Magbema Chiefdom.

Magistrate Samai pronounced the bench warrant of arrest for the Bamoi Luma based Local Court No. 3 Chairman Mr. Abdul I. Bangura-(a defendant) on his second appearance date, he is accused of failing to show up at the court in Kambia on two occasions successively for hearing on allegations of Larceny since he was summoned by Mr. Amara Atimu Kamara, the complainant.

A day after the warrant of arrest was announced by the Kambia District Human Rights Defenders Network, stated that: “the complaint Mr. Amara Atimu Kamara has disclosed that the defendant has bragged that nothing will come out of the matter because of his strong influence with top government officials, adding that they as a Network hopes to strongly follow up on the matter to ensure that justice is served.” 

AWE-Media.SL interviewed Mr. Abdul I. Bangura, the defendant about the warrant of arrest who remarked that: “He did receive a summoned letter from the Magistrate Court in Kambia and has made efforts to show up for hearing but that there was no court sitting during the time he visited the court.

“I’m not aware. This is News to me that I’m bragging about having connections with top Government officials even when I’m being contacted by good friends that the Magistrate has issued a bench warrant of arrest for me.

“I’m shocked by that News but as a respecter of the Law and a Key stakeholder of the District I’m planning to show up at the court soon, he assured in the Wednesday, July 6, 2022 afternoon phone interview.

Comments